Time story travel Time story travel

The animation complemented the story-telling very well, and fit in with the whimsical and silly nature of the whole thing. Ending felt rushed, but in a good way, in that its sudden and abrupt nature resulted in a funny anti-climactic conclusion to the rest of the animation.

Very well done, and I hope to see more from you!

MihaP responds:

Thank you very much. Wouldnt be that cool without your music;)

Patchman:Simple Pleasures Patchman:Simple Pleasures

Dammit!

My eyes hurt now! >_<

JJZK-This is my ringtone! JJZK-This is my ringtone!

Really awesome.

You just got FAV'D! :P

Seriously loved this - great job, keep it up!

Jayku responds:

Attack ofthe Giant Llamas Attack ofthe Giant Llamas

Good and engaging game design that is challenging but not so that it discourages the player. I'm losing quite some of my free time here. Well done. Very well done.

Frederik77 responds:

Thanks, vartan. Good to hear you find the game sufficiently challenging and fun.

Chorale Quando hic iturus Chorale Quando hic iturus

A very good start. Overall, a piece that promises power. Lovin' it!

Judging by the sound of it, you're using Kontakt, and if I'm not mistaken, I do hear several EWQL libraries at play here.

A couple recommendations:

The reverb is a tad bit overwhelming and creates a lot of, for the lack of a better word, "mush." If you find a way to clear it up, faster passages will be much easier to follow, and the choral section in the beginning will sound a lot more powerful.

It's hard to really put a concrete nail in this next one, but a number of notes in the piece are accented too heavily and stick out of the piece in a rather unfitting manner. Take some time to go over the velocities of the notes, and you'll really make the sound pop!

The percussion overpowers the rest of the instruments. In addition to this, there are a number of moments in the piece where the audio is maxing out. Taking some time to work on mastering will significantly improve the aural effect of your work, e.g. everything from adjusting volume to utilizing LP and HP filters for instruments that have too much or too little bass or treble to allow them to fit in with the other instruments better without causing popping. Look into using panning to your advantage to "spread" the sound slightly away from the middle of the listener's position. It will make your orchestration feel much more full.

Overall, I love where this is headed and I'd really enjoy to see the finished product, as I understand this is a work in progress. Best of luck! :3

Bspendlove responds:

THANK YOU!! So much for all the feedback :)

I did end up doing this piece about 6 months ago and just though 'I can not be bothered to finish it off' I never got the chance to mix it xD

I have so many pieces that are like this, I can improve nearly all of them by not being lazy (which is a habit I have noticed I seem to do a lot)... I will get onto this and the others if I can find the project files (Which are somewhere in my music folder)

Thank you so much for taking the time to write all this! :)

Jenova's Theme Metal FF7 Jenova's Theme Metal FF7

Very nice

You've got a great start here!

However, the orchestration really feels empty, it could be fuller - there's this empty space which makes it sound like something's missing. More instruments? Different arrangement? Leave it as is? You decide. :P

Loved it nonetheless. :D

speedmetalmessiah responds:

Indeed, I'm thinking that I might just add an orchestra to it. Or maybe just some more layers and lengthen it a bit. Still brainstorming ideas. Thanks for the input man.

The Temple Of Time The Temple Of Time

Very good

This is a very well done work, but I feel that there is too much reverb.

Nonetheless, great job.