Chorale Quando hic iturus Chorale Quando hic iturus

A very good start. Overall, a piece that promises power. Lovin' it!

Judging by the sound of it, you're using Kontakt, and if I'm not mistaken, I do hear several EWQL libraries at play here.

A couple recommendations:

The reverb is a tad bit overwhelming and creates a lot of, for the lack of a better word, "mush." If you find a way to clear it up, faster passages will be much easier to follow, and the choral section in the beginning will sound a lot more powerful.

It's hard to really put a concrete nail in this next one, but a number of notes in the piece are accented too heavily and stick out of the piece in a rather unfitting manner. Take some time to go over the velocities of the notes, and you'll really make the sound pop!

The percussion overpowers the rest of the instruments. In addition to this, there are a number of moments in the piece where the audio is maxing out. Taking some time to work on mastering will significantly improve the aural effect of your work, e.g. everything from adjusting volume to utilizing LP and HP filters for instruments that have too much or too little bass or treble to allow them to fit in with the other instruments better without causing popping. Look into using panning to your advantage to "spread" the sound slightly away from the middle of the listener's position. It will make your orchestration feel much more full.

Overall, I love where this is headed and I'd really enjoy to see the finished product, as I understand this is a work in progress. Best of luck! :3

Bspendlove responds:

THANK YOU!! So much for all the feedback :)

I did end up doing this piece about 6 months ago and just though 'I can not be bothered to finish it off' I never got the chance to mix it xD

I have so many pieces that are like this, I can improve nearly all of them by not being lazy (which is a habit I have noticed I seem to do a lot)... I will get onto this and the others if I can find the project files (Which are somewhere in my music folder)

Thank you so much for taking the time to write all this! :)

Jenova's Theme Metal FF7 Jenova's Theme Metal FF7

Very nice

You've got a great start here!

However, the orchestration really feels empty, it could be fuller - there's this empty space which makes it sound like something's missing. More instruments? Different arrangement? Leave it as is? You decide. :P

Loved it nonetheless. :D

speedmetalmessiah responds:

Indeed, I'm thinking that I might just add an orchestra to it. Or maybe just some more layers and lengthen it a bit. Still brainstorming ideas. Thanks for the input man.

The Temple Of Time The Temple Of Time

Very good

This is a very well done work, but I feel that there is too much reverb.

Nonetheless, great job.

Zelda Oot Compilation Zelda Oot Compilation

Really good

A very good work, but needs to be worked on orchestration-wise to make it more fuller sounding.

Loved it, faved. :)

HexMonkey responds:

I'm always trying to improve my orchestral stuff. Still got alot of practice to do. Thanks alot for the review.

Zelda:ALttP - Dark World Zelda:ALttP - Dark World

Awesome.

Wow. Just wow.

I love the power of the orchestra, and this orchestration utilizes that power well.

Just one thing - the strings that are "in the middle" - the lower-pitched strings, in the middle part of the piece, sound just a bit strange to my ears - I would expand them, spread them out a bit, maybe that would work. Of course, only a suggestion. :)

Awesome job. I want more of this! :D

SockpuppetRemix responds:

Thanks! =D I'll see what I can do about the strings. =)